Get great savings through Canada Greener Homes Grant
Our unique Canadian climate offers homeowners all sorts of challenges. In an ideal world, you would be warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and comfortable every moment in between. Also, it would be great if this could be achieved without an inflated and terrifying energy bill or excessive and harmful carbon footprint.
At JELD-WEN® Canada, we don’t believe that’s too much to ask at all.
Your life is about to get a lot more efficient and a lot more affordable thanks to the Canada Greener Homes Grant.
This exciting new federal grant program rewards Canadian homeowners for making their homes more energy efficient by compensating them for choosing and purchasing products that meet specific efficiency criteria. Not only will you get a more efficient, comfortable, and affordable home, but you’ll get financially compensated for it as well!
JELD-WEN offers many ENERGY STAR® certified products that can qualify for the Greener Homes Initiative, which means taking advantage of the great rebates and savings offered by this program could not be easier!
Buildings, including homes or dwellings, account for 18% of Canada’s greenhouse gas emissions. The Greener Homes Initiative is designed to help fight climate change by rewarding Canadians for taking steps to minimize the energy output and carbon footprint of their homes.
A total of $2.6 billion has been allocated for this program, which takes effect this year and will run for a total of seven years. These funds will be used to incentivize a variety of different energy improvements, including up to $5,000 for each home that installs energy-efficient products.
Navigating government programming, such as rebates and grants, can be somewhat stress inducing. Luckily, JELD-WEN is here to help! JELD-WEN’s experts will help guide homeowners like you through the entire process from start to finish. That means taking advantage of this great, money-and-energy-saving opportunity is simple, easy, and efficient.
There are specific criteria that must be met in order to qualify for reimbursement through the Greener Homes Initiative:
- Homes must be in Canada
- Homes must be the primary residence of the homeowner
- Only one homeowner per home can register
- Eligible property types:
- Single and semi-detached homes
- Row housing and townhomes
- Mobile homes on permanent foundations
- All-season cottages
- Permanently moored floating homes
- Multi-unit residential buildings under three storeys
- Residential portions of mixed-use buildings under three storeys
- Indigenous governments, organizations, housing management bodies, and other representative organizations
- These applicants may register multiple homes including homes that are not the owner’s primary residence
- Homes registered must be owned by the applicant and occupied by an Indigenous household
What Products Qualify?
The Canada Greener Homes Grant is designed to improve the energy efficiency of homes, which means the grant covers only windows and doors that meet certain efficiency and performance standards:
- Windows that are ENERGY STAR certified or ENERGY STAR Most Efficient certified
- Sliding glass doors that are ENERGY STAR certified or ENERGY STAR Most Efficient certified
- Hinged doors with or without sidelites or transoms that are ENERGY STAR certified
- All products and equipment must be purchased in Canada
- Online purchases do qualify but only if they’re ordered from an online distributor in Canada
- New windows that are inserted into an existing/old frame do qualify, but replacements of only the glass, sash, or door without a frame do not
Luckily for you, JELD-WEN is a multiple time ENERGY STAR award winner, including being named ENERGY STAR’s Manufacturer of the Year for 2021.
How Much Can I Save?
Homeowners will receive a specific amount per each rough opening of their home up to a total of $5,000. This includes new installations as well as retrofits done after December 1, 2020.
Homeowners will also save up to $600 on their pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluations.
Below is a breakdown to show you how to maximize your savings:
|$125 per rough opening:||Windows and sliding glass doors that are ENERGY STAR certified
|$250 per rough opening:||Windows and sliding glass doors that are ENERGY STAR Most Efficient certified
|$125 per rough opening:||Hinged doors with or without sidelites or transoms that are ENERGY STAR certified
The Greener Homes Grant can also be combined with other existing provincial, territorial, and municipal energy efficiency programs. That means you can stack the savings and get rewarded even more for going green!
How it Works
Homeowners will pay up front for their windows and doors and for the EnerGuide evaluations. Once they are complete, they can be submitted to Natural Resources Canada for reimbursement.
The following documentation is required:
- All receipts and invoices for the products purchased and for their installation
- All receipts and invoices for the pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluations
It’s recommended that you retain any receipts, invoices, paperwork, or documents until the Greener Homes Initiative ends on March 31, 2028.
JELD-WEN® Makes It Worth it
JELD-WEN is committed to energy efficiency and constantly innovating in order to offer you windows and doors that meet and exceed all efficiency standards. In fact, JELD-WEN was recently named the 2021 ENERGY STAR Manufacturer of the year in the category of windows and doors. We have now won this award five times bringing our total ENERGY STAR award count to eight.
This dedication to efficiency means it’s exceptionally easy for you to take advantage of the Greener Homes Initiative.
Many JELD-WEN products are ENERGY STAR certified, which means they easily meet the criteria that has been put in place by the Greener Homes Initiative. Choosing qualifying JELD-WEN window or door guarantees your compliancy in the program.
Now is the time to upgrade your home to include industry-leading JELD-WEN products. You’ll be doing your part to fight climate change and also making your home more efficient, comfortable, and affordable—all while getting financially compensated for it through the Greener Homes Initiative!
Listen now to learn more about the Greener Homes Grant
For more information on the Greener Homes Grant