Weekly prizes to be won
2020 is quickly winding down, and we know that so many of you have been working tirelessly on building projects and home renovations this year. That’s why we are excited to announce our brand new “Project with JELD-WEN Canada” photo contest.
The aim behind this contest is to give a big thank you to those of you who chose JELD-WEN windows and doors as part of your 2020 projects. Plus, we really like seeing photos of what you’ve been working on.
The contest runs from October 26 – November 26, 2020, and is open to Canadian residents aged 18 and over (excluding Quebec). We will be rewarding for weekly prizes as well as one GRAND PRIZE to our favourite image of your 2020 project on our Facebook and Instagram accounts. For the next four weeks, you will have a chance to win a GOOGLE NEST MINI, YETI BEER RAMBLER & WINE TUMBLER, HOUSE OF MARLEY WIRELESS SPEAKER or SONY WIRELESS HEADPHONES. Plus, one lucky winner will win our main prize… An APPLE WATCH OS 6 or 8th GENERATION APPLE IPAD!
To enter, we are just asking you to share photos of your JELD-WEN project(s). Here are the four easy steps to follow for your chance to win:
- Like and follow JELD-WEN Canada on Facebook and Instagram.
- Make sure your accounts are public.
- Share a photo(s) of your 2020 home renovation/building project featuring JELD-WEN windows or doors.
- Tag JELD-WEN Canada in your post and use the hashtag #ProjectWithJELDWENCanada.
Each qualifying post is counted as a prize entry. For full contest details please read the Terms and Conditions below.
Best of luck, everyone!
JELD-WEN’s Project with JELD-WEN Canada Photo Contes
No Purchase Necessary
The Project with JELD-WEN Canada Photo Contest is sponsored by JELD-WEN of Canada Ltd. whose registered office is at 90 Stone Ridge Road, Vaughan ON L4H 3G9 Canada. (“JELD-WEN Canada”). By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules.
This Contest is comprised of the following 4 components: (a) Share your home renovation/building projects picture/s that feature JELD-WEN windows or doors on either Facebook or on Instagram; (b) Make sure your account is public; (c) Tag JELD-WEN Canada and put the hashtag #ProjectWithJELDWENCanada in your post; and (d) Follow JELD-WEN Canada on both Facebook and Instagram.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 8:00 AM EDT on 26 October 2020 and ends at 10:00 pm EDT on 26 November 2020 (“Contest Period”). All entries must be posted by 10:00 pm EDT on 26 November 2020. Note: JELD-WEN Canada’s computer is the official time keeping device for the online random drawing.
- ELIGIBILITY: Participation in the Contest is open only to legal residents of Canada living in provinces such as Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan, excluding Quebec, who are 18 years of age or older on the date of the Contest entry submission, and who are JELD-WEN Canada’s authorized resellers or homeowners. The contest is not open for JELD-WEN Canada’s employees.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Your participation in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of JELD-WEN Canada, which are final and binding on all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein in a timely manner.
- HOW TO ENTER & WIN: First, share your home renovation/building projects picture/s that feature JELD-WEN windows or doors. Second, make sure your account is public. Third, Tag JELD-WEN Canada and put a hashtag #ProjectWithJELDWENCanada in your post. Fourth, Follow JELD-WEN Canada on Facebook and Instagram. Upon completion of the first 4 steps, based on the account ownership associated with the submission, you will be contacted by JELD-WEN Canada’s contest committee representative via direct message on Facebook or Instagram for the contact information as stated in these Official Rules. If you are a winner, JELD-WEN Canada’s representative will send an email to the email associated with the social media account associated with the winning submission to discuss all details provided in the message won notification. Use of any automated entry software is prohibited.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: JELD-WEN Canada will choose the winner within fourteen (14) business days immediately following the expiration of the Contest Period. Winners will be chosen by JELD-WEN Canada’s contest committee consisting of Marketing Department team members such as Director of Marketing and Product Management, Digital Marketing Program Manager and Marketing Coordinator evaluating the submissions based on the following parameters: product showcasing, product identification, and esthetics from all eligible entries received and verified by JELD-WEN Canada and or its agents within the Contest Period. Potential winners will receive a message by direct message on the social media platform within fourteen (14) business days following the decision of the JELD-WEN Canada’s contest committee. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. A purchase of JELD-WEN Canada’s products will not increase the odds of winning. Winners must meet all eligibility requirements including the execution and delivery of all necessary releases and receive official written notification from JELD-WEN Canada by email. All potential Contest entries are subject to verification by JELD-WEN Canada, whose decision is final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. JELD-WEN Canada will not accept screenshots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. Any entry that occurs after the system has failed for any reason is deemed a defective entry and is void and will not be honored. If any attempted notification is not successful within ten (10) days, the prize will be forfeited and JELD-WEN Canada reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries. Winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Winners of a Contest prize who meet all of the eligibility requirements, are verified, and have fully complied with these Official Rules, will be notified when and where the prize can be collected/delivered.
- PRIZES: Four (4) entries will be chosen by the JELD-WEN Canada’s contest committee from all entries received and verified by JELD-WEN Canada and or its agents within a four week period to receive one of the following prizes, selected at random: one (1) – GOOGLE NEST MINI, retail value: $74.99 CAD , one (1) – YETI BEER RAMBLER & WINE TUMBLER, retail value: $79.98 CAD, one (1) – HOUSE OF MARLEY WIRELESS SPEAKER, retail value $99.99 CAD, or one (1) – SONY WIRELESS HEADPHONES, retail value: $100;and one (1) Grand Prize where the Grand Prize winner may select their Grand Prize from the following options: Apple Watch OS 6, retail value: $299CAD or 8th GENERATION Apple IPAD, retail value: $429 CAD. Prizes are nontransferable until awarded, non-refundable, and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made except by JELD-WEN Canada, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by JELD-WEN Canada in JELD-WEN Canada’s sole discretion. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with receipt of a prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: JELD-WEN Canada reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Contest in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control as determined by JELD-WEN Canada in JELD-WEN Canada’s sole discretion. Any changes to the contest will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by JELD-WEN Canada. In such event, JELD-WEN Canada reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. JELD-WEN reserves the right in JELD-WEN Canada’s sole discretion to disqualify any individual JELD-WEN Canada finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, JELD-WEN Canada reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. JELD-WEN Canada’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to JELD-WEN Canada’s use of winner’s name and/or the company that delivered the project name and image on JELD-WEN Canada ’s social media platform and marketing materials, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent. All Contest participants consent that the applied images may be used by the JELD-WEN Canada in their marketing materials and on social media platforms.
- RELEASE/INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless JELD-WEN Holding, Inc, JELD-WEN, Inc. and JELD-WEN’s parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, franchisees, advertising and promotion fulfillment and/or judging agencies, and all of their respective officers, employees, directors, representatives and agents (individually and collectively “Releasees”) from all liability, claims, action, or proceedings, losses, injuries and damages to person(s), including death and property, or violation of intellectual property or personal rights (such as but not limited to, copyright, patent, trade name/trademark, and/or rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) due in whole or in part to acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; or participation in this Contest, or participation in any Contest related activity. By receipt of a prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Releasees from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. If required by JELD-WEN Canada, potential winners may be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility, and where lawful, a publicity consent agreement, all within 10 days of issuance or prize may be forfeited and, at JELD-WEN’s discretion, it will be awarded to an alternate.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Releasees are not responsible for: (a) any inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or printing errors; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Contest; (c) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to electronic malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (e) lost, delayed, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property including, but not limited to, death, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID WEB SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, you agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Delaware; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering a Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) you waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Ingersoll Rand in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Delaware, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Delaware or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Delaware.
- OFFICIAL RULES & WINNER LIST: You can obtain a list of winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules by emailing CANmarketing@jeldwen.com. Records may not be available beyond two (2) years following Entry Period.
- SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by JELD-WEN Canada Ltd., 90 Stone Ridge Road, Vaughan ON L4H 3G9 Canada.