Spring may just be around the corner, but it is never too early to get a head start on your plans for your summer renovations. Like all large-scale projects, the best strategy is to take things seriously and plan well ahead. Here are a few reasons why you should start sooner than later this year:
1. Reliable Research: Planning in advance gives you the extra time to do your research. Whether it’s finding the right contractor, receiving quotes for different materials or seeing where your budget can really take you, getting a jump start on your summer renovations ensures you won’t have to rush when it comes to the important things.
2. Benefit Your Budget: Renovations can be expensive, especially if you want to ensure the highest quality of work is done. Organizing your budget ahead of time will ensure you have enough time to save the proper amount of funds and help keep your spending on target.
3. Prepare for Permits: Whether it’s a project inside or outside, starting early gives you the chance to ensure you get the proper permits and permissions for your renovations. This part is often left to the last minute and from a legal standpoint, all types of renovation work require construction permits. It’s important to take the time and make sure everything is in order.
4. Count on Changes: Planning a season in advance gives you a little wiggle room in case you want to change your mind, design or add any last minute details. Be it paint colors or adding a little more personality with customized windows, you’ll have ample of time to finalize plans and inform your contractors.
5. Remember Reality: Start considering how your timeline will have an impact on your daily life. Is it a small enough renovation that you can still live while the work is being completed? If not, how will you meet the basic needs of your family if some of the rooms are off limits? The time you invest in planning for this is a massive detail and will ensure your investment works out how you’d like it to.
Regardless of how big or little your renovation is, it’s important to always give yourself ample time to plan ahead. Visit JELD-WEN to help get inspired or store your project plans!